San Diego Expense Reimbursement Claim Lawyers

Starting a new job can be an exciting prospect. It represents the chance to support yourself and your family with a steady income. We all expect taxes, health insurance, and other stated benefits to be deducted from our check, but we also expect to be reimbursed for certain work-related expenses.

Reimbursement for Uniforms

When an employer requires an employee to wear a uniform, they must provide those uniforms or reimburse the employee for what the company required them to purchase. Many employers refuse to properly reimburse their employees. At The Emge Firm, LLP, we represent employees who do not receive expense reimbursement as the law states.

Reimbursement for Cell Phone Usage

Many employers require their employees to conduct work through the use of employee cell phones. Where the employee pays the telephone bill, they are entitled to a reimbursement for work related expenses.

Reimbursement for Travel, Meals and Mileage

Travel and meal expenses are often part of the job for many employees. However, employers must compensate their hard-working employees for all business related expenses.

Driving locally or from state-to-state demands reimbursement for mileage at the rate set by the Internal Revenue Service. Overnight trips or those that last longer result in hotel and restaurant expenses. You may be entitled to reimbursement for those expenses as well. Even professional development seminars mandated by the employer should be paid for by the employer. Many times, they are not.

Many employers try to get around the issue of expense reimbursement by claiming that the employee is an independent contractor. In addition, they will claim that there are certain expenses they will not cover, such as airfare or cell phone costs. Many times, that is in violation of employment law. We can advocate for you and hold them to the letter of that law.

Contact our attorneys in San Diego today and set up a free consultation regarding expense reimbursement. To speed up the process, you can fill out our employment law intake form.